Friend.Fe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friend.Fe

Welcome To friends forever website

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soccer News [7] good news

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trooke.10
Admin
trooke.10

Soccer News [7] good news Empty
PostSubject: Soccer News [7] good news   Soccer News [7] good news I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 am

December decision for Van der Sar
Edwin van der Sar has set his usual December deadline to decide whether to extend his Manchester United career. For three seasons now, the 38-year-old has waited until the depths of winter to determine his fate, with the answer coming up positive each time.

And Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed it will be no different this term, with the Dutchman having apparently already said he wants to continue.

"It has always been the case with Edwin that he has made the decision around the end of December and it will be the same this season too," said Ferguson.

"There is going to be a time when he decides it is time, but he never does anything at this stage of the season."

In fact, Ferguson is more concerned Van der Sar is available again this season after he suffered two broken fingers in a pre-season game against Bayern Munich in July.

It was originally thought the former Fulham man would be out for two months, but Ferguson has confirmed he will be sidelined for another three weeks, meaning the first time he will be available is the encounter with Bolton Wanderers on 17 October.

Kuszczak and Foster
In theory, Van der Sar's continued absence left Ferguson with a selection dilemma for tomorrow's trip to Stoke City. Poland international Tomasz Kuszczak certainly must have been fancying his chances after keeping a clean sheet against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Wednesday, just three days after Ben Foster's dismal performance against Manchester City.

We are not worrying about the odd mistake, young players make them all the time.
Sir Alex Ferguson on Ben Foster's recent performance

However, Ferguson has already decided to keep faith with Foster, who he believes will go to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™️ as England's first-choice keeper.

"Ben will play tomorrow," he said. "I didn't have any doubts. We are not worrying about the odd mistake, young players make them all the time. And he has not have a great deal of game experience. I do not have a problem with the boy."

Trio get Argentina call

Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain and Benfica midfielder Pablo Aimar are included in the squad named by Argentina coach Diego Maradona to play two key 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™️ qualifiers next month. After losing to Brazil and Paraguay two weeks ago, coach Diego Maradona had announced he planned to make several changes, and he confirmed that as, in addition to Higuain and Aimar, Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua received his first call.

Argentina play Peru on 10 October and Uruguay four days later to wrap up their South American zone qualification campaign, and they need two wins to have a chance of getting their ticket to South Africa 2010.

Argentina lie in fifth position in the standings and, if they remain there, would head into a play-off against the fourth-placed CONCACAF nation.

Among those left out are Javier Zanetti, Fernando Gago and Jesus Datolo, all of whom started in the last game against Paraguay. Maradona will use Argentina-based players in a friendly against Ghana next Wednesday.

Argentina squad:
Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar/The Netherlands), Mariano Andujar (Catania/Italy)

Defenders:
Emiliano Insua (Liverpool/England), Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United/England), Gabriel Heinze (Marseille/France), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City/England), Nicolas Pareja (Espanyol/Spain)

Midfielders:
Javier Mascherano (Liverpool/England), Luis Gonzalez (Marseille/France), Jonas Gutierrez (Newcastle United/England), Angel Di Maria (Benfica/Portugal), Pablo Aimar (Benfica/Portugal)

Forwards:
Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Spain), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid/Spain), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City/England), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid/Spain), Diego Milito (Inter/Italy), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli/Italy)

Terry eyes Champions League success
Chelsea's John Terry believes having Carlo Ancelotti as coach will help the Stamford Bridge club finally win the UEFA Champions League this season. Terry has witnessed his side losing the Champions League final to Manchester United on penalties and also go close to lifting European football's biggest prize on other occasions.

Now the England captain believes Ancelotti will bring the Barclays Premier League club the same drive which enabled him to lead AC Milan to Champions League success.

Terry said: "I have been here since I was 14 and [the UEFA Champions League] is something I desperately want. We've got a very good group of players this year and we're aiming to go that one step further and hopefully get our hands on the trophy. That's what we all want at the football club.

"We've got players at the right age, with the right experience and the right quality to maybe push on this year or next year and really make it ours, and that's what we're aiming to do.

Terry added: "I think Italian managers are well-organised tactically. We do a lot on defending and working together as a team. If you look at the Milan team over the years, it has always been very well-organised. They all know their job and do it correctly."

Terry believes Ancelotti has brought that mentality with him to Chelsea.

"It is something that he's come in and certainly got us doing - making sure that we fight and work hard for each other. If we're organized, we're going to be very difficult to break down. With our attacking quality, we are always going be able to score goals as well.

I have been here since I was 14 and [the UEFA Champions League trophy] is something I desperately want.
John Terry

"In a short space of time, he's passing on his knowledge and his experience and getting us doing our tactical work during the week," said Terry. "He knows when, closer to a game, you need to relax and when to focus. As a player in the modern era those kinds of thing are really key.

"He played very close to the modern era and knows exactly what the players want, and that's key to this season and our success."

The things they say: Romario
Now 43, Brazil legend Romario was always supremely gifted with a ball at his feet. Although neither particularly tall nor athletic, the Rio de Janeiro native became a goalscoring icon in a country where gifted footballers seem to grow on trees. Moreover, the talents of O Baixinho were not limited to his on-field endeavours, and he was often as dangerous around a microphone as he was in the penalty area.

Throughout a prolific career, in which he claims to have scored more than 1,000 goals, controversy was never far away from the forward variously described as an extrovert, hedonist and genius. FIFA.com takes a look back at some of the most memorable musings of the often-polemic but always-entertaining Brazilian, who took a winner's medal and the adidas Golden Ball award home from the 1994 FIFA World Cup USA™️.

"The day I was born, God laid eyes on me and said: 'He's the man.'"
Romario after winning the league championship with Flamengo in 1998

"I'm like money, at the end of the day everybody quite likes me."
Romario's unique self-appraisal

"The goalscorer always deserves some credit but not this time. The way I hit that, even my mother would have saved it."
Romario in a rare example of self-reproach

"I'm like any Brazilian: I like women and I like to go out and enjoy myself, which is why people can identify with me. The night has always been my friend. When I go out I feel good, then I always score goals."
Romario on his fondness for nightlife

"Because I come from the favela, I know about misery and what it means to make sacrifices. I was also poor and suffered hardships. In my day, unfortunately, nobody reached out a hand, which is why I'm happy to help now."
Romario on the launch of his Romarinho Foundation, a project to help Rio street children

"I don't see there being a successor. There was only one Pele, only one Maradona, and there'll only ever be one Romario. However, in the penalty area I consider myself the best there's been."
Romario on his legacy

"There's nothing I like more than football ...except for sex."
Romario on his personal tastes

"Wherever my name appears it's linked to a scandal. Trouble follows me around, but that's ok. I'm like an Indian; I only hit out when I've been attacked first."
Romario on his habitual involvement in controversies

"Only televisions should worry about projecting a good image."
Romario remains indifferent to rumours surrounding his social life

"Will I become a coach in the future? No way, I'd never be able to put up with someone like me."
Romario before changing his mind and coaching Vasco de Gama

"How does it feel to have this cup in my hands? Cold, because the thing is freezing!"
Romario jests on getting reaquainted with the FIFA World Cup Trophy in an interview with FIFA.com

"Some people say I lost control, but they don't realise Romario has emotions too. If Pele and (Brazilian basketball star) Oscar can show their emotions, why can't Romario?"
Romario on shedding tears in a press conference where he asked in vain for Luiz Felipe Scolari to include him in the squad for Korea/Japan 2002

"I've enjoyed myself very much but I just can't match the younger generation anymore. I've done everything I ever wanted to do in football."
Romario on his retirement from professional football. Currently, he is considering a return with Rio de Janeiro state second-division side America.

"I wish God had warned me not to say some of the stupid things I've come out with on occasion."
Romario in a moment of reflection

"I didn't kill Michael Jackson, bring swine flu to Rio de Janeiro or rob anybody, yet I'm being made out to be the villain of all Brazil. Well, I'm not."
Romario at a recent press conference where he rejected allegations he was embroiled in financial scandals

Have your say
What are your memories of Romario and do you think he can still play professionally? Perhaps you have some other unforgettable quotes from the Brazilian. Click on 'Add comment' to share your thoughts with users from around the world.

By Trooke.10
From FiFa.
Back to top Go down
https://iscf.forumotion.com
Marah

Marah

PostSubject: Re: Soccer News [7] good news   Soccer News [7] good news I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:40 pm

kewl u no alot of info
Back to top Go down
sam

sam

PostSubject: Re: Soccer News [7] good news   Soccer News [7] good news I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:36 pm

at last somethin normal lol! lol! no effence
Back to top Go down
http://www.iscf.forumotion.com
trooke.10
Admin
trooke.10

PostSubject: Re: Soccer News [7] good news   Soccer News [7] good news I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:39 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://iscf.forumotion.com
Marah

Marah

PostSubject: Re: Soccer News [7] good news   Soccer News [7] good news I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:10 am

im just tryin to be nice and normal like u guys

Guyz did u no that i am trying and I MEAN TRYING not to be annoying
Back to top Go down
Marah

Marah

PostSubject: Re: Soccer News [7] good news   Soccer News [7] good news I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:11 am

and im going step by step
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soccer News [7] good news   Soccer News [7] good news I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soccer News [7] good news
Page 1 of 1