Friend.Fe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friend.Fe

Welcome To friends forever website

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Simpsons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sam

sam

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:03 pm

The Simpsons is an American animated television sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical parody of a middle class American lifestyle epitomized by its eponymous family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional city of Springfield, and lampoons American culture, society, television and many aspects of the human condition.

The family was conceived by Groening shortly before a pitch for a series of animated shorts with the producer James L. Brooks. Groening created a dysfunctional family and named the characters after members of his own family, substituting Bart for his own name. The shorts became a part of The Tracey Ullman Show on April 19, 1987. After a three-season run, the sketch was developed into a half-hour prime time show and was an early hit for Fox, becoming the first Fox series to land in the Top 30 ratings in a season (1989–1990).

Since its debut on December 17, 1989 the show has broadcast 441 episodes and the twenty-first season will begin airing on September 27, 2009.[1] The Simpsons Movie, a feature-length film, was released in theaters worldwide on July 26 and July 27, 2007, and grossed US$527 million worldwide.

The Simpsons has won dozens of awards since it debuted as a series, including 25 Primetime Emmy Awards, 26 Annie Awards and a Peabody Award. Time magazine's December 31, 1999 issue named it the 20th century's best television series, and on January 14, 2000 the Simpson family was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Simpsons is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest running American primetime entertainment series. Homer's exclamatory catchphrase "D'oh!" has been adopted into the English lexicon, while The Simpsons has influenced many adult-oriented animated sitcoms.

ORIGINS
Groening conceived of the idea for the Simpsons in the lobby of James L. Brooks's office. Brooks had asked Groening to pitch an idea for a series of animated shorts, which Groening initially intended to present as his Life in Hell series. However, when Groening realized that animating Life in Hell would require the rescinding of publication rights for his life's work, he chose another approach and formulated his version of a dysfunctional family.[2] He named the characters after his own family members, substituting "Bart" for his own name.[3]

The Simpson family as they first appeared in The Tracey Ullman Show.The Simpson family first appeared as shorts in The Tracey Ullman Show on April 19, 1987.[4] Groening submitted only basic sketches to the animators and assumed that the figures would be cleaned-up in production. However, the animators merely re-traced his drawings, which led to the crude appearance of the characters in the initial short episodes.[3] One of the earliest jobs of the Klasky Csupo company was creating animated sequences for the The Tracey Ullman Show which led to the start of The Simpsons.[5] The animation was produced domestically at Klasky Csupo,[6] with Wesley Archer, David Silverman, and Bill Kopp being animators for the first season.[7] Georgie Peluse was the colorist and the person who decided to make the characters yellow.[7]

In 1989, a team of production companies adapted The Simpsons into a half-hour series for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The team included what is now the Klasky Csupo animation house. Jim Brooks negotiated a provision in the contract with the Fox network that prevented Fox from interfering with the show's content.[8] Groening said his goal in creating the show was to offer the audience an alternative to what he called "the mainstream trash" that they were watching.[9] The half-hour series premiered on December 17, 1989 with "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire", a Christmas special.[10] "Some Enchanted Evening" was the first full-length episode produced, but it did not broadcast until May 1990, as the last episode of the first season, because of animation problems.[11] In 1992, Tracey Ullman filed a lawsuit against Fox, claiming that her show was the source of the series' success. The suit said she should receive a share of the profits of The Simpsons—a claim rejected by the courts.[12]

note from sam: the first bit mIGHT BE BORI BUT READ SOME OF ORIGIN PRETTY INTERESTING
Back to top Go down
http://www.iscf.forumotion.com
sabah

sabah

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm

i luv this post!!

keep it up sam!!
Back to top Go down
Zishan

Zishan

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 am

The simpsons and Naruto are the best
Back to top Go down
sabah

sabah

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:51 am

i luv da simpsons
Back to top Go down
Marah

Marah

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:57 am

the simpsons is the best movie in deh universe
Back to top Go down
trooke.10
Admin
trooke.10

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm

The simpsons is so funny and is from the best movies in my movies list.

I have seen the movie yesterday
Back to top Go down
https://iscf.forumotion.com
Marah

Marah

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:42 pm

kool lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons   The Simpsons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Simpsons
Page 1 of 1